The Safety Coordinator will be responsible for assisting in the administration of the company Safety Management System (SMS) program encompassing safety requirements for all departments. The Safety Coordinator will provide safety training to all departments and provide ongoing support and training on industry matter. The Safety Coordinator will be responsible for managing and implementing company safety programs and comply with local, state and federal standards, as well as company procedures and standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist employees in effectively utilizing the company Safety Management System (SMS) to achieve compliance with all regulatory and company safety policies.
- Conduct safety training sessions for employees and vendors, as required, and refresher workplace training for existing employees.
- Update company programs and training material/content as required.
- Manage company training records.
- Maintain the Emergency Response Plan and associated drills and exercises.
- Conduct safety audits and inspections of all work areas on an as needed monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Collaborate with managers to monitor compliance and identify safety issues.
- Attend and participate in weekly and monthly safety meetings.
- Conduct and/or participate in incident investigations as requested.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies and standards (including OSHA, ADEC, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associates Degree or higher in Occupational Safety and Health or closely related field OR can obtain degree within one year of employment.
- Strong working knowledge of local, state and federal safety regulations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent communication and advisory skills.
- Travel to remote locations within Alaska.
- Must be able to interface with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Three to five years experience in the field of occupational safety and health.
- Prior experience working in the Aviation Industry.
- Occupational Health and Safety Technician (OHST) certificate or other safety certification.
Full-time, immediate hire opportunity.